20 Minutes is a mass media present across all media platforms with 22.1 million readers per month: 10.6 million readers of the free paper; 5 million on computer; 10.7 million on smartphone; and 2.6 million on tablets.
Their commitment since the foundation of the media in 2002 is to “deliver verified and reliable information, to guarantee a relationship of trust with readers and with advertisers”.
20 Minutes is driven by two goals: increasing its audience, and boosting its audience’s engagement. In order to achieve this, 20 Minutes needed a single, unified reader database.
The challenges facing this CRM project:
- Gaining a better knowledge of their readers: having a global and unified vision
- Centralising information in one single, user-friendly tool
- Promoting interactions through “gamification” mechanisms
- Refining segmentation for marketing, for advertising and also for the journalistic content
- Converting readers into online connected members, in order to offer an enriched/differentiated experience
Implementing Efficy at 20 Minutes forms part of a strategy to develop our relationship with our readers and micro-communities (the importance of EACH), in addition to our mass media capacity (REACH).