The ready-to-use CRM for small businesses and startups.
Hello, everyone! Please, allow me to welcome you to my blog, The Entrepreneur’s Journey.
For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Cédric Pierrard; I’m a Belgian entrepreneur and businessman, and also the founder of efficy, one of Europe’s leading CRM companies.
I became a CEO in 2005, when we created our company, and in these –almost—two decades with our company, we’ve had a lot of ups, downs, wins and losses, and definitely hundreds of lessons learned.
And precisely because of how much I’ve been fortunate enough to have learned, for a while now, I’ve been thinking about which would be the best way to give back.
Since many fellow entrepreneurs have come to me for advice, guidance and information, I think it could make sense for me to share the wins, mistakes and lessons I’ve lived through with a larger community.
I have a lot I want to share with you, but before diving into it, I’ll start by introducing myself.
I think there’s nothing better to break the ice than sharing some fun facts about ourselves so, without further ado, here are a few of mine!
- I’m married and have three beautiful children.
- I studied engineering and IT in the late 90s and graduated in the year 2000.
- I was born on December 13th, 1974. I share a birthday with Taylor Swift!
- I enjoy sports, especially those done outdoors and that involve speed. I run, cycle and ski a lot.
- I love travelling, good food, and amazing wine (but who doesn’t, right?!).
- On the same topic, my favourite kind of wine is red, but I also enjoy trying new varieties.
- I’m not naturally a morning person, but after working in business for so long, I’ve become one. Now I wake up at 7 am every day, even if I went to bed really late the night before.
- I’m a very transparent person, to the point that I don’t think I have any secrets that my colleagues don’t know about. Seriously!
- If I could be any animal, I’d probably be a tiger. The tiger is my Chinese zodiac sign and I admire their strength and speed, which are also important characteristics for a founder to have.
- If I could have a superpower, I’d choose superspeed. I would use it to reply to all my unread emails quickly and go from city to city without having to travel or go through airports!
That’s a bit about me. Nice to meet you!
What will you find in The Entrepreneur’s Journey?
Now, you might be wondering why a SaaS founder suddenly decided to create a blog and start writing.
Well, the answer is simple: just like I mentioned, I wanted to find a place where I could freely and easily share all the advice, tips and lessons I’ve learned over the years as efficy’s founder, and I believe this blog is the best platform to do so. All of the things I’ve been through, both good and bad, have shaped me and helped me in my journey as an entrepreneur.
Hence the title of this blog: I want it to be a place to tell my story and, at the same time, for it to help build other entrepreneurs’ paths as they go along their very own journey.
I would love for these stories to reach a wider audience and become a place of exchange for fellow businesspeople and entrepreneurs; a space to share experiences and advice, but also to debate different topics pertaining to our field and our respective professions. I believe on lifting people up, and there’s nothing better than sharing what you have so that the next person can build something even larger and more amazing.
Finally, thank you for being here. I promise to do my best and give you as much valuable content as possible.
If you'd like to continue on this journey, check out these stories: