In this post we will focus on how you can write a business plan that will help you get results quickly and effectively. Let’s get down to business!
The Business Plan describes both your idea and the model for your next product or service.
It sets prices, target markets and tactics to be used to achieve commercial success.
Currently there are different types of business plans
If we talk in terms of investment, every company must have a work plan that shows what their business is made of and this helps either banks, venture capitalists or investors, to be able to make an assertive decision.
Now in terms of company, business plans can be useful as a guide to keep a new company going, especially in the first months or years, when the way forward continues to be defined.
Who should write a business plan?
Creating a business is not an exact science. Some businesses are developed organically by trial and error, while others are laid out from start to finish.
There are definitely some situations where writing a business plan makes sense and can help increase the chances of a business succeeding, for example:
Companies new to the technology sector, which have no commercial history, such as SaaS companies, for example. A business plan can be an indispensable tool for ensuring their long-term financing.
In situations where the market is new and still untested or volatile, it can be very useful to have an outline to refer to when the way forward is not very clear.
Key points when drafting it
Writing this type of document helps you greatly to see a concept from all angles and to detect any difficulties you need to solve.
The most important step in writing a plan is to identify its purpose.
Who are you trying to attract with it and why?
Keep these key points in mind when preparing a business plan:
- Answer yourself: are you looking to secure a bank loan, obtain financing from private investors, or attract qualified professionals to join you?
- Include a brief history of your business, its concept and the products or services you offer. Present it in a professional and transparent way.
- Don’t exaggerate your experience or skills, and don’t even leave out any information that your investors need to know. They will find out at any time, and if they find out that you have lied, they may break off all involvement with you. Trust is crucial in any negotiation.
- It explains in a clear and simple way what the product or service can do for others. Don’t use complex language, avoid your investors getting lost in your words.
- Focus on the value your business offers, on how you solve every problem and show that you have a market sector to apply your idea.
It is important that you talk about the possible niche in which you will manage, with relevant data and about your main competitors.
Another essential aspect of writing a plan is that it must be brief and concise.
Just focus on delivering the crucial information your investor needs to know to make a decision. You can always tell him that you can explain certain points later in another meeting or call.
A proven strategy is to make a description of the future of your business. It’s as simple as that, a report that describes what you intend to do and how you intend to do it.
What should a good business plan have?
A good scheme from start to finish, with the respective management at each stage of your business.
This helps to think about key elements such as budgets, possible loans, taxes, etc.
In addition, having good planning and structure helps us to achieve our goals.
Here are some key elements of a good business plan:
- Executive summary: This is the most important part of the plan. It is a brief outline of your company’s objective and goals.
- Company description: Explains the vision and mission, the legal structure, the target audience and the market.
- Products and services: In this section, describe your products and services and how they might meet the needs of your customers.
- Marketing Plan: This section explains all your marketing strategies, market analysis, objectives, channels to use and planning.
- Financial plan: Include your profit and loss statements, cash flow and a balance sheet.
How many pages should your business plan have?
Depending on what you use it for and your business.
If you want you can use it as a guide for your new commercials or as we mentioned at the beginning, for a possible group of investors.
Ideally, it should be very concrete and easy to understand, so that everyone who reads it quickly understands your work philosophy.
Did you like the article? Before you go.
Find out if Efficy is the best option for your business
Try Efficy CRM
The most complete CRM